Pain is like vision

Nice little video on Moseleys `pain is like vision` by Neil Pearson.

#MT #Pain

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Følg meg flere steder:

Du finner info fra meg på følgende steder.

13 Responses to Pain is like vision

1. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 11. mars 2013 at 21:40 #

Does this work? — < as I grab a narcotic … Or 2?>

2. Vegard Ølstørn
    Vegard ØlstørnNo Gravatar 11. mars 2013 at 21:40 #

Yes, it is a pretty good simplification of a complex process. But knowledge of how pain physiology works can In itself reduce pain. http://goo.gl/yXugc. If your more interested watch this great vid as well http://goo.gl/I1YMj

3. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 12. mars 2013 at 06:45 #

What about neuropathic pain due to cross-talk

4. Vegard Ølstørn
    Vegard ØlstørnNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

What is cross-talk +Adam Black ?

5. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

Static on de-myelinated nerve fibers.

Signals, not just moving upstream, but horizontally

6. Vegard Ølstørn
    Vegard ØlstørnNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

Sorry +Adam Black I am not sure if I get what you are asking…you want to know if our brain can change how to perceive danger signals when they move horizontally? Can you elaborate?

7. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

I am talking about pain signals.
    From Neuropathy. Damaged nerves.

8. Ole Reidar Johansen
    Ole Reidar JohansenNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

Cross-talk doesn't change anything. It's still nociceptive information that needs to be interpreted.

9. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

Yes and its interpreted as pain, or extended muscle use and exhausts muscles.

Neuropathy doesnt respond well or the same to traditional pain treatments. So I am skeptical of glib claims that I can turn it off while I am stimulating those same damaged nerves .

10. Vegard Ølstørn
    Vegard ØlstørnNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

For sure not easy to treat +Adam Black and it is VERY simplified to say it is turn off/on. But the video does a nice comparison with vision, as it is more normal to talk about pain as it is something coming from the tissues…but for vision we tend to buy the complex interpretation that happens in the brain. For pain it is the same – thats what I like witht the video. Treatmentwise it is more than this video shows of course 🙂

11. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

What can you offer on this that is practical?

12. Vegard Ølstørn
    Vegard ØlstørnNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

That will be individually tailored to each patient after the assessment based on a bio-psycho-social model. But in general and practical it is almost allways good to have knowledge on pain physiology as a start. You are interested in treatment for chronic neuropathic pain, right? Where are you located – I can check my SoMe network for you 🙂

13. Adam Black
    Adam BlackNo Gravatar 13. mars 2013 at 10:28 #

Boston.

Neuropathic and Normal pain.

Legg igjen en kommentar